Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – AutoCad Inventor 3D
This role is responsible for the design of a range of products in compliance with relevant regulations.
Our client, part of a larger international Group, is a leading manufacturer of high quality process equipment for the Aerospace and Automotive sectors carrying out turnkey projects on a worldwide basis.
- Produce drawings, parts lists and specifications.
- Ensure that all information issue conforms to the required quality standards.
- Maintain technical construction files at all times and if actions are required make them known to the Project Manager.
- To produce details for manufacture in the form of assemblies and details drawing along with all necessary parts lists, parts specifications and source for purchase.
- Source parts for use on equipment, ensuring that where possible, parts are selected from the company’s published lists of standards.
- Pass to Purchasing Department all necessary information about the parts that will need to be purchased for a project.
- Maintain drawings to the correct issue, ensuring that amendment are carried out and copies of the drawing are distributed to the relevant departments.
- Issue copies of drawings and parts list to all relevant departments ensuring that the correct procedures for release of details are maintained at all times.
- To maintain technical files and ISO Standards.
- Maintain good housekeeping of CAD files on both the local machine and the Network.
- Produce information in a sequence and in a time frame that match the needs of Production.
- Produce pneumatic and schematic diagrams.
- Produce supporting documentation in the form of manuals and process sheets etc. necessary for the equipment
- Provide design support to manufacturing, R&D and sales.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by a Manager of the Company.
Ideally, you will have:-
- A minimum HNC / HND qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Solid Engineering background with experience in a related industrial sector.
- You will be able to demonstrate a successful track record in the detailed design of steel and plastic fabricated process equipment or in a similar / related industry
- Design of capital equipment or similar.
- Experienced in steel and plastic fabrication design.
- Experience of AutoCad Inventor 3D design package or similar 3D design packages.
- Ability to work with Production Management
This position is based at NHE in Coventry.
- Norman Hay plc is an equal opportunities employer
- Applicants must have the right to live and work within the UK
- Applications for this role should be submitted by email with a covering letter and CV