This is a new role within NHE for a qualified electrical/mechanical engineer with experience in machine testing and commissioning to work alongside the Contracts team and have responsibility for testing and commissioning of all the NHE equipment.
- Making improvements to and offering advice about operational procedures
- Scheduling and co-ordinating work to tight deadlines
- Ensuring that equipment works to its specification
- Create a test book (testing procedure) for each project
- Creating and carrying out test and calibration procedures
- Investigating problems, diagnosing/repairing faults
- Liaising with installation/project engineers
- Supervising engineering and technical staff
- Writing reports and documentation
- Providing technical support
- Ensuring safe working conditions
- Training maintenance and operative staff where appropriate
- Perform design reviews and make recommendations for improvements
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, customers, utility representatives, and contractors
- Perform measurement and verification of installed projects
- Work within the company’s and our clients Health & Safety policies at all times
- Electrically qualified engineer with mechanical experience
- Proficiency in pneumatics and control systems
- Experience installing large capital equipment products
- Experience of pumping systems, process valves, instrumentation, steam heating system etc.
- Demonstrated experience working with PLC’s, HMI and SCADA systems
- Ability to read and interpret pneumatic, electrical, mechanical and P & ID drawings; along with PLC program script
- Familiar with heating, cooling and pneumatic systems
- Proactive mindset, self-starter, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working as a team
- Understand the production needs of our clients specifications and how that links with the equipment being supplied
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight schedules necessitating extra hours at times: shift and ‘unsocial’ hours are often required, particularly where equipment is in 24-hour operation.
- Willingness to travel overseas when required
This position is based at NHE in Coventry.
- Norman Hay plc is an equal opportunities employer
- Applicants must have the right to live and work within the UK
- Applications for this role should be submitted by email with a covering letter and CV