Proposals & Applications Engineer
The Proposals & Applications Engineer will work as part of the Sales Department to assess project enquiries (including site visits where appropriate) and produce technical and commercial specifications, collate costs (liaising with internal estimators, sub contractors and suppliers) and produce client proposal or formal tender documentation. The successful applicant will produce general layout drawings and P&ID’ using CAD (ideally AutoCAD) and support the Sales Teams at Customer meetings.
- Responsible for assessing project enquiries with the assistance of the relevant Sales Director/Manager and generating a technical proposal
- Working with the Sales Team ensuring that the needs of the client are clearly understood and are clearly understood and are reflected in the technical specifivation and following quotation.
- Detailed review of client provided specification such as RFQ and SOR.
- Ensure that the technical and commercial requirements proposed by the client are clearly understood and are relayed to key suppliers.
- Responsible for the proactive and early engagement of the engineering team in the quotation process.
- Sourcing quotations for key elements of the proposal.
- Preparation of project proposals covering a variety of process applications and preparing suitable information to enable estimators to cost the proposal.
- Produced general layout drawings using CAD (ideally AutoCAD) and P&ID as required
- Sites surveys to understand the installation with the relevant Sales personnel.
- Liaise with the client, and obtain prices from other suppliers and subcontractors where appropriate.
- Any other activities as requested by your manager.
- Minimum ONC/HNC in Process or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience gained in a process/mechanical/technical position
- Previous experience using AutoCAD is essential
- Good level of computer literacy
- High degree of Commercial Awareness
- Experience of the Chemical Process industry would be advantageous
This position is based at NHE in Coventry.
- Norman Hay plc is an equal opportunities employer
- Applicants must have the right to live and work within the UK
- Applications for this role should be submitted by email with a covering letter and CV