Aerospace Component Manufacturer
PLASTICRAFT HELPS GKN AEROSPACE ENHANCE ITS ORIGINAL PROCESS LINE – 30 YEARS ON
Process plant specialist Plasticraft, part of NHE, has helped one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of aerospace components to optimise its anodising process with the installation of two new processing tanks into an established production facility – one that has continued to operate efficiently since its original installation by Plasticraft in the early 1980’s.
The refurbishment work for GKN Aerospace is enabling the organisation to gain from leading process line technology and system design, with an installation that accommodates arduous chemical duties and addresses key positional considerations at the site.
A typical view of Plasticraft tanks in production
- Optimises established process facility – installed by Plasticraft in the early 1980’s
- Installation dedicated to the application of protective chemicals as part of an aluminium anodising process
- The facility applies protective treatment to bare metal, holds controlled chemicals in lead-lined tanks and features overhead crane product positioning
- Project has addressed factors relating to physical positioning of the new tanks
- Work completed within 12-week time frame to meet forward production plans.
- Excellent example of NHE’s commitment to ‘Lifetime Support’